Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tzatziki Rice Salad

Mmmmmm if the title lured you in then you must be a tzatziki lover! I was first introduced to this delicious stuff when Opa's came to town. If you go there they put some in the pita and then they put an extra dollop on the pita at the end. You can even get some on your fries. Now I think I just go to Opa's to eat this stuff. I am a little obsessed with it! I have tried buying it from different grocery stores but I can never get it to taste like Opa's. Ok, Ok, stop drooling and back to the recipe. I started with some epicure Tzatziki spice and sour cream mixed with white rice. It didn't taste very good so Carla....added some garlic salt... a little better. Then we chopped up some cucumbers and tomotoes (fairly small pieces) and mixed them in.

Voila! A new and delicious creation. This is something you would serve cold. Mmmmmm it was good! Look out Opa....you've got competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment