Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tis the Season!!

Here are just a few more really easy seasoning's that Carla introduced to me. I never thought
I could use these on rice but I've tried them both and am now converted. If you like parmesan you will love McCormick's Parmesan Herb Seasoning. This was absolutely delicious! If you are a seafood or fish lover...try sprinkling the lemon and herb seasoning on the rice to make a perfect side dish!

These seasonings will need to be infused into the rice so if you are cooking rice from scratch then sprinkle into the water. If you are using frozen rice, mix rice, a little bit of water and some seasoning in a pot and heat until ready. Don't forget to throw in some dehydrated veggies if you can, just to add color and variety! (not to mention additional nutrients)

Wow a couple extra bucks to buy some seasonings and it really adds a variety to your rice! Next time you go down the seasoning isle....be adventurous! Pick up a blend that looks good to you. Give it a try and let me know how it tasted. If it doesn't taste good maybe try adding a little bit of this and that! You never know what you may discover!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Val! That is a great suggestion and something that we should all add into our storage to have a variety of spices to "spice" things up or change the taste! Even yesterday, I needed some corn syrup, and because I had cream of tartar in my pantry, I was able to make my own up, without having to go and get some (and it suprized me that I was out of corn syrup in my storage!) Chris

    ReplyDelete