Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Black Out


So my sister was telling me how their community had a blackout this morning. Their family of 6 were getting ready for the day. I laughed at the biggest dilemma...her girls couldn't get their hair done for school...ha ha no electricity for their flat iron....what an emergency!

She was telling me that today was her grocery day so they were out of a few essentials. We had fun thinking of what we would make with out electricity (no stove, microwave, toaster etc...) Before I let you know what I have right now available.....stop and think what is in your pantry, fridge and freezer. Have fun thinking of as many meals you could make right now with what you have right now. I was amazed at how much food I have but how much I reallied on electricity to prepare it.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....take a moment and think about what you would make...
Breakfast
Okay so I have tonnes of oatmeal....but no hot water??? Or wait....I think you can still get hot water from the tap?? Can you?? Anyone know?
Pancakes - no
make muffins - no
eggs - no
toast - no
Fresh fruit - yes I have some
yogurt - yes
cereal with milk - yes
Lunch - cold soup
cold canned stuff
PB & J sandwiches
Tuna Sandwiches
crackers and cheese
Dinner - same as lunch
I know it's pretty sad...but I am sure with all that I have, I should be able to come up with a few other Non electricity meals....but I haven't really had to think about this...does anyone have any ideas for me?? I would love to do a whole blog listing non electricity meals......please help!

1 comment:

  1. My mom has been looking into getting a solar oven, apparantly some of them work great!

    ReplyDelete