Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BREAD


Home made bread is always a treat! I am sure I don't have to convince you of how good it makes your house smell....and how delicious it tastes still warm from the oven with butter. Now I know that it is much easier to just buy it...and I certainly do. I just think everyone should know how to make home made bread. Don't wait until the bread shelves are bare to experiment......start now! My first attempts to make bread was with a bread machine. This is a wonderful WONDERFUL machine! I mean really....just dump your ingredients into a machine press a button and walk away???? SERIOUSLY?? It's that easy...why don't we do it every day?

If you are using a machine....here are a few tips.

-Once all your ingredients are on the counter premeasure a whole recipe of your dry ingredients into some larger ziploc bags. I usually do 10 bags at a time. That way next time you just dump a baggie into the machine and add your "Wet" ingredients. And you thought it didn't get any easier??

-Don't like digging the mixer pieces out of your nice new bread? Try your dough setting and then take out of the machine and bake in your oven. It's practically cheating but I love it! You skip all the kneading and rising and just go right to baking. This works great if you are giving away a loaf....know one will know you used a bread machine.



No comments:

Post a Comment