Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Icy Ricy!


Do you want to cook rice but don't have the time and opt for something faster? Here's a quick tip:
When making rice, make as much as your pot or steamer will allow. Divide all the leftovers into freezer ziploc bags and freeze. Next time you want rice just grab a bag, open, and pop into the microwave until hot (usually 3-4 minutes)

It's that simple!! Rice in 3-4 minutes!!

Want to be a keener? When dividing the rice into ziplocs use a measuring cup so you know just how much is in there. That way if you have a recipe that calls for so many cups you will have them on hand! When I was doing weight watcher's this was also handy because I could pre measure my serving size and it was always a quick snack or easy side in 2 minutes!!




1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, I always have left over rice in the cooker and end up throwing it out. I am going to try this.

    ReplyDelete