Wednesday, February 10, 2010

STEP ONE - CONTAINER

Tonight I stopped by Walmart. While I was walking around a little thought said "get some back packs for your 72 hour kits". I picked up 2 and when I got home I felt soooo great!! I have been putting this off for way too long. I don't know why? I just haven't put a kit together yet. I guess just taking that first step made all the difference. Who knew??? Hopefully if you haven't done one yet you will join me! I am going to blog my journey into some easy steps!

Here are some ideas of containers to put your 72 hour kits in....hope this gets you started!

The classic backpack, light weight and easy to carry
The backpack with wheels

A suitcase


A large plastic bucket - durable, water proof, rodent proof, and can be used as a seat!

Same as above bucket with added bonus of a toilet seat!


Will store more - wouldn't be easy to "take with you" unless by car.

3 comments:

  1. awesome! I also wanted to mention that for those of us who just wanna "get er done" you can purchase a 72 hour kit for a family of 4 at Costco! It comes in a wheeled duffle bag with all of the essentials! I bought one last year and have it sitting in my front closet. It has all the essentials and there's room to add some extras that you'd like in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's the link
    http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10306303&search=emergency&Mo=22&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-CA&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Sp=S&N=0&whse=BCCA&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Ne=4000000&D=emergency&Ntt=emergency&No=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year I bought some great backpacks for our 72 hours kits for like a dollar at the garage sales. They are gently used and usually really easy to find:)

    ReplyDelete