Friday, February 26, 2010

Not your usual preparedness tip!



I am confessing the below information for the greater good of beautiful women every where!
I dye my own hair!! There I said it! yes I spent a fortune for years and had more awful coloring experiences then I'd like to admit....but on one thrifty and "too impatiant to wait a week for a hair appointment" day...I went to walmart and found the perfect hair coloring kit in a box....I was so impressed with the color and how easy and inexpensive it was. So being the Preparedness person I was...when I saw it on sale I bought 4 boxes.
Here's the part I want everyone to know. Hair dye in a box expires!! I used the last box up a few days ago and there is a lot of orangy red tinge to my hair! Sure you don't notice it at first but in some lights it's VERY noticeable!
Morale of the story...dont store hair dye for long periods of time...

1 comment:

  1. i dye my own hair too. tired of paying the big bucks to do it. easier to do it at home on my own time. and so easy to do. i did know it had expiry dates. so yes...don't store it for long periods of time. :)

    ReplyDelete