Monday, December 14, 2009

Soup Bases!


Soup base mixes are a must have for any food storage supply! These are so versitile and can be used in many recipes! Hot soup is a comfort food for most people in a time of crisis. Not to mention that a little goes a long way. It is very easy to add to water and throw in a couple of items and voila! My first attemp to store this soup base was unsuccessful. I went to Costco and found these large OXO buckets of chicken and beef soup base. They were reasonably cheap and I was so excited I found them. Unfortunately the expiry date on the bucket was one of those long numbers and letter formulas that I couldn't figure out. So I called the company and found out that the buckets I just purchased were already expired! plus they wouldn't tell me how to figure out the expiry date so I could be better prepared to buy next time! Don't buy these at COSTCO or anywhere! Let me tell you about the best soup base ever!!! I know I am always mentioning this company but I have used the products over and over and love them!!!! In Case of now sells Chicken and Beef Soup base in the #10 cans! You can order them through the Beehive book store. I LOVE THESE!!! They are a staple in my pantry! The chicken is $19.95 and the beef is $25.95. What I love most is that you can just scoop out what the recipe calls for! No peeling those oxo cubes ....what a pain! and then you have to "Crumble" the hard cube!

I can't say enough good things about this stuff!! Another must have is onion soup mix! I use this for my roasts, potatoes, rice and many other things! In case of doesn't offer this so I buy it in bulk at Costco in the large grey Lipton soup bulk bags. It is right beside the bulk oxo buckets.....I have a great recipe and will post it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment